Power BI Developer
Two days full of solutions to advanced topics that come up when using Power BI every day. Walk through hands-on examples covering the entire data lifecycle from advanced data transformation, modeling approaches to modern reporting. And lots of tips and tricks from real life.
This workshop is one of our premium edition of BE A PRO (become a professional) workshops, where we emphasize the acquisition of advanced skills. The workshop is limited to a maximum of 10 participants, plus 2 experienced experts will be at your disposal for two whole days. In addition, you will have the opportunity to discuss your challenges with other professionals.
Schedule On Demand
Online: Microsoft Teams
Duration: 2 x 8 hours
Input knowledge: basic experience with Power BI
Event type: two-day event
Price: CZK 17,800
- Addressing advanced topics in Power BI
- Practical acquisition of the discussed approaches
- Joint solution of proposed tasks
- Sharing tips and tricks from developers to developers (how to)
- Get an overview of how to solve common data challenges in Power BI
- You will be sure that the approaches you choose are correct
- You’ll learn how to build models right from the start, saving you a lot of time from endless redoing
- You will learn advanced techniques that will save you a lot of work
And you will also please your colleagues, because:
- You can use them to create better and faster Power BI reports
- You will know well what can be offered to them to solve their data ideas
- Your efficiency in creating Power BI reports will multiply
- You will be able to teach them advanced techniques yourself
- Power BI Developers
- Data analysts
- Data scientists
- Anyone in business who likes to work with data
- Using parameters
- Work with different data sources
- Loading tables from many different files
- Working in the advanced editor (advanced editor)
Fundamentals of data modeling
- Facts / Dimensions
- Old scheme
Data modeling scenarios
- Multiple fact tables
- Granularity – Actuals vs Budget
- Invoicing – Header vs Items
Basics of the DAX language
- Row / filter context
- Calculated Columns vs Metrics
- DAX and the date dimension
- Time intelligence
- What-if parameters
- Bookmarks, selections, buttons
- Drillthrough buttons
- Synchronization of slicers
- Conditional formatting
Advanced report concepts
- Row-level security
- Incremental loading of data
For tips and tricks
- Using external tools – DAX studio, Tabular editor, etc.
- Best practices
In this workshop, we will discuss advanced techniques in Power BI, therefore we assume that the participants already have basic knowledge and experience, as we will not focus on explaining the basics.
If you are a Power BI beginner, or if you are not sure of your level, do not hesitate to first attend our introductory workshop to Power BI Dashboard in a Day, which is free.
At Joyful Craftsmen, we are data geeks, we love to talk about data, we love to be inspired. This workshop is intentionally limited to only 10 participants so that we can go through everything that interests you together.
We look forward to active participants, full of curiosity, ideas and questions!
The workshop is full of practical tasks where you solve the proposed tasks yourself. For these tasks, you need your own laptop, at least with the Power BI Desktop application installed.
We will send you more detailed instructions a few days before the start of the workshop.
HOW WILL IT ALL GO?
WHO WILL GUIDE YOU THROUGH THE WORKSHOP?
I came across several Microsoft data platform tools as BI engineer in Joyful Craftsmen but I rank Power BI among the most popular ones. Thanks to several projects I gained vital knowledge that I now enjoy passing over to others. Let’s share these Power BI wonders!
I have been dealing with MS SQL Server for several years. I enjoy both scripting and server administration. Joyful Craftsmen allowed me to deepen my knowledge on cloud solutions as well. I’m happy to share with you what I’ve learned about migrating data to Azure.