I’m working on SSAS Tabular project and suddenly i got following error when I even try to connect to SSAS.
“The following system error occurred: A device attached to the system is not functioning.”
“An error occurred while loading Vertipaq data objects for multiple tables.”
Well not a very informative message.
After some searching on the internet it seems it could be related to the locale setting of the server. And then I realized I was testing a multilanguage model a few days ago and I have changed the regional setting for this. And of course, I forgot to set it back.
The trap here is the message in reginal setting:
So, until you restart SSAS server you do not see an issue. But once you restart the computer or SSAS you suddenly get this weird message.
Fixing the issue was then easy: Set regional format back and restart SSAS Service.
I have around 20 years of experience with MS data platform. In last couple years I’m passionate mainly about PB/SSAS modeling and DAX. Proud father of three boys who teach me to live 🙂